As a digital signage content administrator, you should already have the following software installed locally on your computer:
- The Cisco AnyConnect client,
- The CoolSign Network Manager (CNM) and
- The CoolSign Content Wizard
After the service upgrade, you should no longer use any of the CoolSign applications installed on your local computer to access the UBC Digital Signage service – the software is not compatible with the new release of CoolSign running on the back-end servers.
After the service upgrade, the CoolSign Network Manager and Content Wizard applications will be accessible on a central server. You will need the following to connect to the central server:
- Remote Desktop Client
- For Windows users, to find the “Remote Desktop Connection”, click on the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
- For Mac users, you will need to download and install a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) client of your choice (Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac comes with an application called “Remote Desktop Connection”)
- EAD account or local account on the central server
- Configuring your Remote Desktop Connection:
- Please follow the instructions found in the CoolSign 5 Initial Setup Guide.
- Accessing the CNM and Content Wizard applications after the service upgrade
- Start up your Remote Desktop Client application
- Login in with your account
- Start up the required signage software
- For access to the CoolSign Network Manager