We will be conducting a planned service upgrade to UBC’s Digital Signage service. The service upgrade will take place on the following dates and times:
- Starting: 7:00 AM Friday, May 30, 2014
- Ending: 11:30 PM Sunday, June 1, 2014
During the upgrade window, service availability will be affected as follows:
- Content management and scheduling via CoolSign Network Manager will not be available.
- Display nodes will experience intermittent outages.
- Emergency Broadcasting will experience intermittent outages.
If the above service window conflicts with any planned signage requirements at your location please contact us at email@example.com.
The service upgrade is being done to:
- Upgrade the existing CoolSign software to the latest stable release.
- Enable new features available in CoolSign 5 (scheduling of websites and live streaming)
- Migrate existing signage assets to new infrastructure (assets – display nodes, content, channels, playlists, DataWatchers, Datatables and triggers).
- Migrate to a multi-tenant, shared services environment.
The service upgrade affects you if one of the following applies:
- You manage signage content – you create and manage CoolSign content, channels and/or playlists using the CoolSign software (Network Manager and/or Content Wizard) for your department.
- The CoolSign Network Manager (CNM) and Content Wizard applications on your PC (and VPN connection) will no longer be required to manage and schedule content. Upon completion of the service upgrade, access to both the CNM and Content Wizard applications will be via Remote Desktop rather than running the applications from your local PC – please refer to Information for Content Managers for details.
- Expired content will not be migrated over to the new infrastructure. Please ensure that all content that you wish to have moved over is active and has an accurate title and expiry date.
- Group training sessions will be made available before and after the migration window. If you are unable to attend any of the training sessions, please make alternate arrangements with Jamil Rhajiak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You are an IT technician and are responsible for managing the display node hardware (PC, Display, network port) for your department.
- If a display node is offline during the service upgrade, it will not be migrated to the new infrastructure and the node will remain outside of the digital signage network. Please refer to Information for IT Technicians for details.
If you have any questions and/or concerns with regards to the service upgrade, please contact us at email@example.com.